Monday, January 12, 2015

Vegan Chocolate Dream

Today I was craving something chocolatey, which is very rare for me.  I decided that after reading the article about Safeway carrying Vegan cake, I just had to have some.  To my dismay, my location does not and will not be carrying it.  So, I decided to make cake at home.  I really wanted cake and didn't want to wait (or have leftovers hanging about) so I decided to try making a mug cake.  I've never done this sort of thing before and it turned out so wonderful that I'm not sure I'll be baking cakes very much anymore.

Ingredients needed:

* 1/3 cup all purpose flour
* 3 TBSP unsweetened cocoa powder
* 3 TBSP granulated sugar
* 1/8 Tsp Salt
* 1/3 cup Regular soy milk (or coconut)
* 2 TBSP Vegetable Oil
* 3 TBSP Chocolate Syrup
* 2 TBSP Dairy-Free Chocolate Chips

Mix together the flour, cocoa, sugar and salt.  Make sure to get out any little lumps.  Slowly add in milk and oil until well blended and slightly thick.  Once mixed well, add chocolate syrup and mix until it looks like brownie batter.  Put in mug if you hadn't mixed the batter in one and pour chocolate chips on top.  Gently press them into the surface a little.  Cook in the microwave on high for 60-75 seconds.  The middle should still be slightly uncooked.  Voila!  A yummy, moist, chocolate cake in a mug with a gooey chocolate lava center.  Not healthy, but oh so tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment