Thursday, January 8, 2015

My 2nd Week

Alright, so it's not January 8th and the 2nd week of me going Vegan.  Last week was alright, but lack of money on hand made it a little boring.  I didn't eat much more than raisin bran, soup, noodles and vegetables.  We had the pizza, which was rather tasty.  We also did spaghetti for dinner last night which was absolutely awesome!  I actually got my son to finish his food for once without asking and it was all gone within 30 minutes which is a feat if you knew him.  He's a slow eater, but sometimes dinner can turn into a three hour affair with him being annoyed by the time he turns in for bed.

So, I did 90% of my shopping for the next two weeks last night.  I got lots of dairy items, some fruit, veggies, more pizza, veggie burgers, (I used one for the spaghetti last night) lots of basic staples and spices, and of course a few snacks.

The So Delicious Coconut Milk for on sale for 2/$4 this week at Sprouts, so I'm actually going to have to go back and get some more.  My son tried the vanilla this morning and he says it's way better than soy milk.  Also got some Vegenaise (used a little for the cheesy garlic bread) and I hate mayo.  Like, I seriously absolutely hate the smell and taste of mayo.  This was different though and I found it to be tasty.  Got some So Delicious coconut milk creamer in French vanilla flavor, some earth balance organic Vegan butter, Go Veggie! cheese slices, daiya cheddar style shreds (which taste amazing), and some different flavors of silk yogurt which was $0.99/ea. this week at Sprouts.

Not pictured, I also purchased some Oroweat Master's Best Winter Wheat bread (all other styles of Oroweat bread are NOT Vegan, they all contain Whey or D3 now), whole wheat hamburger buns, Amy's Vegan Margherita Pizza With Daiya Cheese (it was the cheapest one this week at $4.09 at Sprouts), Yellow Corn Chips, Popchips sea salt & vinegar flavor, Bisquick Heart Smart (yes, this is Vegan), Ener-G Egg Replacer, Braggs Nutritional Yeast Seasoning, Organic Vanilla Extract, Paprika, Garlic Powder, Cumin, Chili Spice (both of which are sold in the bulk area of Sprouts; $0.11 for a little over a TBSP of the Chili and $0.25 for 1/2 TBSP of the Cumin), Organic Baking Cocoa, Liquid Smoke, Liquid Amino Acids, California Raisins, Oranges (and lots of them this time; actually going to go buy more on Tuesday before the price goes up.  It's $0.48/lb at Sprouts right now.  Got 8 nice ones for $0.77!), Organic Cauliflower, Red Kale, Pace Picante Medium, Hansen's Natural Cane Soda - Creamy Root Beer, and Marketside Lemonade.

For $106 in groceries, I think I'll be set for a while.  At least I hope so!

No comments:

Post a Comment